Monday, March 16, 2009

Books and I v2009

Since every fact is still fresh in my mind, let's talk about books or rather my reading last year. According to my Shelfari record (thank God I have this account, or else I keep forgetting what I have read due to short term memory lapse and extreme fatigue), I managed 5 books. Ok, not bad.

This year, I finished reading Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess in January. Shopaholic and Sister is still in my currently reading list although I have started reading since last year. Gosh, I get easily distracted lately. Plus my time is 120% consumed and there's no time to read at all, you know the demanding children, the outstanding housework, the neglected garden and when I have a few seconds extra, I need that for myself. So no reading.

I really plan to read this year nonetheless. Not so much on fiction though but more on cookery and baking stuff. I already have in my possession The Professional Chef book, belongs to my sis-in-law, a case of overdue borrowing; Nigella Lawson's How to be a Domestic Goddess (I really don't want to be one honestly but the reason I bought this book is as a result of being a food channel addict and I like her) also the Whimsical Bakehouse (well, this is not considered as a reading book but more on reference). I guess all three will keep me busy this year.

Despite diverting my attention to cookery, I still have currently in my reading list Kinsella's Shopaholic and Sister (I mentioned this earlier, didn't I? absentminded!!!!), Countess under Stairs and Sha's Pearl S Buck Imperial Woman (OMG, I have been holding her book for almost three years already. Ampun Sha! Ampun!!!! After reading my old notes only I realised that I still have the book with me untouched since the last we spoke). See la if I can finished all three also.

I hope you too have a list to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment