Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm mourning...

Not because MJ is gone but because of the loss of my 2 most valuable tools in just 3 week period.

First, it was my junior mixing bowl. I lost the senior one in 2007. This I bought in 2005 during the warehouse sale and it was damn good bargain. And I fell in love with it ever since. First, it being a glass mixing bowl. Second, it being Anchor Hocking. Now I have lost both. Should've bought more last time, eh?

Then, my Pyrex measuring cup. I got this thru Metrojaya redemption coupon. The actual price was RM38. phewwww!!!! But of course I got it for free - for actually spending hundreds at Metrojaya. Anyway...

I know there are loads of mixing bowls and measuring cups out there but I, on the other hand, make it a point to have certain types of tools for my baking projects. Not that they make tastier cakes or give extraordinary results... I just prefer it that way. It kind of gives you the vibes... get you into the mood of baking. It simply makes me feel good while baking or just by keeping them - because there are times when I bake, I pretend that I do my own baking show. ;> Besides, they are good investments.

For what it's worth, with these two losses my passion for baking is adversely affected. Not for long I hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment